Topics to learn:
- Role of the UK Joint Committee on Vaccination and Immunization (JCVI) in assessing information and setting vaccination policy.
- Reporting of vaccine-related incidents to appropriate bodies e.g. MHRA.
- Surveillance programmes and their role in vaccine preparedness e.g. global influenza A networks.
- The use of ring vaccination in outbreak control.
- Immunization use and efficacy in the immunocompromised.
- The mechanisms underlying vaccine-induced pathology.
- Use of active and passive vaccination in the prevention of infection, including in the management of outbreaks
- Demonstrate participation in surveillance programmes for vaccine-preventable infections.
- Demonstrate participation in initiatives in the health care setting to set and to meet targets for vaccination.
(This list is not comprehensive, there are lots of other good resources on the internet)
Ref book: Plotkin’s Vaccines, 7e
(expensive, I think you can prepare this topic from online resources)
If you know any other resource, please let me know.